Full time mom to three active little boys! Life is an adventure and we are living it!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker


Gluten Free Mickey Waffles!

It's been a while since I have posted. In mid August I finally took the family Gluten Free. We were able to drop the 10 year olds ADHD meds and mood stabilizing medication. Since then, it's not an optional diet in the family, we are 100% Gluten free. I'll drop wheat any day verses given my oldest those medications. ' We ate at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge, Boma and they fell in love with their Gluten Free Mickey waffles. I wish I had that recipe, all the chef told me was tapioca flour. This is my attempt for the boys and they loved it. I found the Mickey Waffle maker at ToysRUs.Com. The waffle maker makes 4 Mickey waffles. I have three boys to make a family of 5.

You will need:

4 eggs
2 cups of buttermilk
1/2 cup oil
3 tablespoons Vanilla
2 cups of rice flour
1 cup of tapioca flour
3 tsp of baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
4 packets of Stevia (or sugar)
1 tablespoon of Cinnamon

Separate eggs, and beat egg whites to form dry peaks. Set aside Mix egg yolks with buttermilk, stevia, vanilla & oil. In a separate bowl stir dry ingredients together, including tapioca flour. Mix egg yolk mixture into dry ingredients. Fold in egg whites. For the Mickey Waffle maker above, if you have pre-heated and sprayed pam or coconut oil, cook for 3 minutes. This will feed a hungry family of 5, if your family is smaller, cook all the batter. Let the extra Mickey waffles cool to room temperature, place in freezer safe bag, with waffles separated by wax paper and reheat on a busy school morning!

 

0 comments:






Followers