Full time mom to three active little boys! Life is an adventure and we are living it!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker


TS Storm Fay




Who would have thought a little 75 Tropical Storm Fay could have done all the damage it's done with regards to flooding in my home town of Brevard County, FL. My brother said that the storm just sat on top of them and didn't move for two days. I actually grew up in Merritt Island, FL which is just north of Melbourne/PalmBay where most of the flooding has occurred. I still have several friends I haven't heard from that lived on lakes, that I am almost certain by now, they had to have had water damage. My younger brother, fearless that he was, decided to take his Jet Ski on the Indian River during the first day of Fay. His wife has a good life insurance policy on him. Seriously, he's a thrill seeker. He likes to chase storms. He took some of the following pictures in Melbourne yesterday, and it's still raining buckets there. He said that he will not return to Melbourne out of respect for the homeowners, apparently the water is so high that if you drive down the road, it causes wakes in people's homes. I'd try to avoid going to my brother's website. Apparently, it's running from a gas powered generator right now.

 

2 comments:

Cole Hanson said...

Holy Cow - he actaully jet skiied ?

Susan Thomas said...

Yeah, he has always been a storm chaser, I think he missed his calling. He should have lived in the midwest and be one of those people who chase tornadoes. He also jet's ski's on the Banana River, which is a fresh water river FILLED with Alligators, on a regular basis. ... . oye vey!






Followers